For over 30 years Reich Law has been a leader in providing legal services in Alberta. During this current COVID-19 pandemic, as we have been deemed an essential service, we remain open for business. We are taking steps to protect our clients, our staff, our colleagues in the practice of law and our related industry partners.
Although recommended procedures have and will likely continue to change we do want to assure you of some of the procedures we are following at our office:
- All staff have been advised that if necessary they should self-isolate with our full support;
- One lawyer and one other staff member are in the office each business day. Other staff are working remotely as much as possible;
- All documents are provided to the client via email for review and discussion with one of our lawyers prior to meeting for signing of documents. Clients will be asked to scan and email ID documents to our office.
- Clients are required to confirm that they have not been in recent contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID 19 or are themselves exhibiting any symptoms related to COVID 19;
When attending at our office clients can expect:
- All surfaces have been sanitized prior to and after the meeting;
- Clients are offered gloves to wear and/or hand sanitizer to use;
- Client ID will be photographed and compared to the ID earlier provided;
- New pens will be given to the clients which they are invited to keep;
- Lawyers wash their hands immediately prior to the meeting and will wear a mask; and
- The meeting complies with all social distancing protocols;
- We encourage all funds to be provided to our office via electronic methods;
- Whenever possible all documents received by our office are quarantined for over 24 hours;
- Where any clients are showing signs of infection or are in self-isolation we will arrange for an out of office appointment with them in a manner that ensures the safety of our clients and our staff.
- Video conferencing for execution of documents is now permitted, subject to a strict process, and we will provide that service if appropriate and if the client prefers that alternative.
We wish you all good health and encourage you to support the community at large by being responsible, staying at home as much as possible and practicing social distancing.