You’ve met with the bank or broker to arrange a new mortgage, what happens at the Lawyer’s office?
- The bank provides our office with mortgage instructions to prepare the mortgage that you have arranged.
- We then open a file and conduct all the required tax and title related searches.
- You are contacted by one of the legal assistants to obtain specific information based on the transaction.
- The documents are prepared for signing and an appointment is arranged for you to meet with the lawyer (the appointment is about ½ hour in length).
- After the documents are signed arrangements are made with the bank for funding the mortgage.
- The new mortgage is registered at the Land Titles Office.
- The mortgage funds are received and disbursed according to the specific transaction.
- A formal report is prepared by our office for both you and the bank.